A new shotgun load always gets the bird hunter in me excited.
In anticipation of bird hunting seasons to come, Federal Premium Ammunition announced the release of a new shotgun load. Dubbed "Hi-Bird," it's designed specifically for gunning doves, crows, pigeons and even pheasant hunting.
According to Federal Premium Ammunition, its new Hi-Bird shotshell combines speed, hard-hitting pellets and a specialized wad to fold the highest doves, crows and pigeons, as well as pheasants.
When and where can you buy this new shotgun shell? Shipments are currently being delivered to dealers.
Features & Benefits
As always, time at the shooting range before hunting birds will offer insights into shotshell performance. Late spring and summer is a great time to do this, of course. The short list of what this shotgun load offers:
- High-power 12-gauge loads maximize long-range lethality on pigeons, doves and upland game.
- Two-piece wad features SoftCell technology to decrease perceived recoil and produce better, more consistent long-range patterns.
- Lead shot is engineered for the optimum blend of hardness and density for even patterns and more downrange energy.
- Perfect for the field or competition.
You bird hunters want the numbers, and details follow:
- HVF12H 6 / 12 gauge, 2 ¾-inch, 1 1/4-ounce, 6 shot, 1,330 fps, Hi-Bird / $12.95
- HVF12H 7.5 / 12 gauge, 2 ¾-inch, 1 1/4-ounce, 7.5 shot, 1,330 fps, Hi-Bird / $12.95
- HVF12 6 / 12 gauge, 2 ¾-inch, 1 1/8-ounce, 6 shot, 1,275 fps, Hi-Bird / $10.95
- HVF12 7.5 / 12 gauge, 2 ¾-inch, 1 1/8-ounce, 7.5 shot, 1,275 fps, Hi-Bird / $10.95
- HVF12 8 / 12 gauge, 2 ¾-inch, 1 1/8-ounce, 8 shot, 1,275 fps, Hi-Bird / $10.95