A look back at Realtree's most popular stories and videos for 2013
On Realtree.com, we don’t pick the year’s best hunting blogs and articles. You pick them by clicking on them. So looking all the way back to January and continuing until now, here is the content you've clicked on the most.
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
1. Bows for Women. The 2013 Review. Our test panel of four female hunters put some top new ladies’ bows to the test. This is one of the most thorough, honest archery gear reviews you’ll find anywhere.
2. How to Become a Pro-Staffer. We interviewed top names in the outdoor industry including Lee Lakosky and T-Bone for their advice on how to become a pro-staffer.
3. 5 Reasons Why Bowhunters Miss. Poor form, poor sight picture, buck fever and more. This article details the most common reasons why bowhunters miss.
1. Quiz of Deer Hunting Myths. Will taking a whiz out of your stand really spook deer? Realtree’s Stephanie Mallory, with the help of QDMA biologists, takes a look at some of the most pervasive myths in deer hunting in this fun quiz.
2. Ready for Deer Season Quiz. Were you ready for bow season? Deer hunting expert Mike Hanback put this test together to find out.
3. How Well Do you Know Whitetails? Not many people know whitetails better than New York expert Charlie Alsheimer. Charlie compiled this quiz, arguably the year’s toughest, to put your knowledge to the test.
4. New Guns and Ammo from the 2013 SHOT Show. Each year, Realtree’s web staff hits the SHOT Show floor in search of the newest in guns, ammo and hunting gear. Check out the lineup for 2013. And be looking for the 2014 lineup very soon …
(Editor’s Note: The RealBlog with Stephanie Mallory handily overtook Brow Tines and Backstrap as Realtree.com's most popular blog of the year. Hansen and Brantley are actively planning their return to the top slot for 2014. But until then, Stephanie gets the bragging rights.)
12 Reasons Why Your Venison Tastes like Hell. This piece was a carryover from 2012 so it didn’t technically make the “Best of 2013” lineup, but with nearly 55,000 page views, it was still our most popular story of the year.
Overall Top Video of 2013:
Antler Geeks: Ready to Rut. This was another carryover piece from 2012 from the Antler Geeks. This is a crew that pulls no punches. They hunt small farms, public land and they tell it like it is. It seems you like it that way, too. In this episode, Realtree Whitetail Editor Tony Hansen takes to the Michigan woods just as the rut is kicking in.
Get the latest deer hunting news, tips and tactics in your inbox!